Ayurvedic Home Remedies for Depression Natural Treatment
Herbal Home Remedies for Depression - Ayurvedic Medicines-Natural Treatment
Alternative Ways to Fight with Depression Herbal Remedies, Natural Cure for Depression, Herbs to Fight Depression
Clinical depression is more than just a low or heavy mood. The symptoms of depression include a loss of interest in friends and usual activities; sleep disturbances, such as insomnia, early morning awakening, or oversleeping; anxiety, irritability, or restlessness; low energy and fatigue; poor appetite and weight loss, or sometimes the reverse, overeating and weight gain; difficulty concentrating and making decisions; decreased sex drive; feelings of worthlessness and guilt; feelings of hopelessness and helplessness; frequent crying spells; and suicidal thoughts.
Various herbal products work for depression due to any reason. Depression can be because of various circumstances leading to low feeling. The brain is not working or thinking positively and the neurons are getting fatigued easily. The Depression support package mentioned below consists of herbal remedies which work very well for depression.
The combination is made using such herbal formulations to be used together so that they are effective in all types of depression. The products like Memory support contains brain nourishing herbs like Bramhi and Shankhpushi, Stress Support contains Ashwagandha and Jatamansi to give strength to the neuroons whereas Bramhi Chawyanprash is a rare herbal jam made from atleast 48 rare herbs with the base of Amla fruit pulp.
Amla fruit is world's richest source of natural vitamin C. Vitamin C is known as best natural anti-oxidant and prevents all the diseases and fights ongoing diseases. The combination mentioned here is best combination of various herbal remedies for depression.
Herbal Cure Pack for Depression
|Memory Support||Stress Support||Brahmi Chawyanprash|
|$ 21.95 (1 Bottle)||$ 23.95 (1 Bottle)||$ 28.95 (1 Bottle)|
Total price = $ 74.85
Total price after discount = $ 69.00
Buy 60 days herbal pack supply = $ 138.00
Buy 90 days herbal pack supply = $ 207.00
No side effects! Free Shipping and Handling Worldwide!
The above pack is for 30 days. Following is the dosage details:
Memory Support : 2 capsules twice daily after meals with plain water.
Stress Support: 1 capsule twice daily after meals with plain water.
Brahmi Chawyanprash: 2- 3 teaspoons twice daily, anytime preferably with milk.
The genesis of depression, from an Ayurvedic perspective, is too complex to lay out here. In brief we can say that because 01 specific etiological factors, vata from the colon, pitta from the intestine, or kapha from the stomach enters the general circulation and lodges in the nervous system, interfere with normal functioning of the mind ana nervous system, and causes depression.
The resulting depression may be vata, pitta, or kapha. Each of these three types of depression is treated in different ways though the first step for each is to bring the diet in line with the guidelines for vata. pitta-, and kapha-pacifying diets . This is important-please don't over look it!
- Vata-type depression is generally associates with fear, anxiety, nervousness, and insomnia. The following home remedies will help dissolve a mild vata depression:
- Drink dashamoola tea. Steep 1 teaspoon of the herb dashamoola in 1 cup of hot water and drink. Take twice a day.
- Make a tea from equal proportions of ashwagandha and brahmi (about '/3 to '/2 teaspoon each), steep in a cup of water for about 10 minutes, and drink 2 or 3 times a day.
- Another domestic remedy for depression is a tea made of holy basil (tulsi) and sage. Use 1/4 teaspoon tulsi and '/2 teaspoon of sage per cup of hot water; drink twice a day.
- Nose drops of warm sesame oil (3 to 5 drops in each nostril) are effective for relieving depression. Do this nasya procedure morning and evening on an empty stomach.
- Rubbing the top of the head and the soles of the feet with sesame oil is quite soothing to vata and healing for vata depression.
- Psychologically, one factor that sustains vata depression is loneliness. Try to spend more time relating to people; it will help lift the depression.
Pitta-type depression is generally associated with anger, or with fear of failure, of losing control, or of making mistakes; it often involves thoughts of committing suicide. It is serious; you should consult your doctor.
Of course it is possible to have a mild pitta depression, caused by failing an examination, not getting a promotion at work, or some such thing. A pitta person can be quite addicted to success and, when he or she doesn't succeed, can easily become upset and depressed. This type of depression may not last long or be too severe.
Pittas are most vulnerable to SAD, seasonal affective disorder, a fairly mild form of depression that usually occurs in the winter.
For all types of pitta depression, use the following simple but effective remedies:
- Rub some coconut oil or sunflower oil onto your scalp and the soles of your feet at bedtime.
- Drink gotu kola or brahmi tea or ginkgo tea 2 or 3 times a day. Use 1/2 teaspoon of herbs in a cup of hot water.
- Mix equal amounts of these three herbs:
Take '/2 to t teaspoon of this mixture 2 or 3 times a day with warm water, as a tea.
- Use brahmi ghee nose drops, 3 to 5 drops in each nostril twice a day on an empty stomach.
- Meditate. A few minutes of meditation will be helpful in healing pitta depression.
Kapha depression creates a sense of mental heaviness and is associated with excess sleep, weight gain, drowsiness, and lousiness! The following natural remedies may bring great relief from kapha depression:
Fast for 3 to 4 days on apple juice. This will work wonders to lighten the heaviness of a kapha depression.
Increase the amount of exercise you do. . Drink ginger tea.
Time to see the doctor
If your depression doesn't soon begin to lift as a result of using these Ayurvedic home remedies, please consult a doctor.
Herbal Products useful in depression -
Herbs such as Ashwagandha, Acorus, Brahmi, Valerian, Jatamansi, Shankhpushpi are useful in depression in many ways. They not only help in depression but also elevate the mood and restore the memory.
Stress Support Capsules - Continuous stress leads to imbalance of Vata and consequently other energies and Depression. The herbs in this product act synergistically to control vitiated vata. Know more
Memory Support Capsules - The herbs in this product act synergistically to control vitiated Vata" "Pitta" and "Kapha" thus help in improved memory and concentration. Know more
Brahmi Chawyanprash- The herbs in this product act synergistically to control vitiated Vata" "Pitta" and "Kapha" thus help in improved memory and concentration. Know more
- Make the following herbal compound:
Sarasvati 2 parts
Punarnava 3 parts
Chitrak 3 parts
Take this mixture 3 times a day. Put 1/2 teaspoon of the powder on your tongue, and wash it down with warm water.
- Put 5 drops of punarnava ghee in each nostril twice a day.
- The Sun Salutation (t 2 repetitions a day), Shoulder Stand, and Plow pose are recommended yoga asanas for depression. Also do the Maha Mudra. Other recommended postures are the Bow pose and the Vajrasana (Sitting on the Heels).
- The breathing exercise known as ujjayi pranayama is also beneficial for healing kapha depression.