Ayurvedic Home Remedies for Fever Treatment
Herbal Home Remedies for Fainting Dizziness - Ayurvedic Medicines-Natural Treatment
Fever cure, no fever, fever herbs
Fever is a sign of ama (toxins) moving in the circulatory system. Contrary to what some people believe, fever is not often a sign of infection. In some cases there is infection, but most of the time the fever is due to toxicity in the rasa dhatu, the body's basic vital tissue. When the ama has been eliminated, the fever will subside.
There is an old saying, "Feed a cold and starve a fever," and truly the first treatment recommended by Ayurveda for a fever is to observe a fast. For acute fever, a total fast is recommended if the person is strong enough. If the person is debilitated or weak, it is better to drink water, some kind of fruit juice, or one of the herbal teas suggested below, such as holy basil (tulsi) or lemongrass. Don't drink milk; it will worsen the fever and create diarrhea. In addition to fasting, the following recommendations will be helpful.
Herbal Cure Pack for Fever
|Sanjeevani Vati||Kaishore Gugglu||Aamvatantak Churna|
Total price = $ 68.35
Total price after discount = $ 65.00
Buy 40 days herbal pack supply = $ 130.00
Buy 60 days herbal pack supply = $ 195.00
No side effects! Free Shipping and Handling Worldwide!
The above pack is for 20 days. Following is the dosage details:
Sanjeevani Vati : 2 tablets after food with warm water, twice a day.
Kaishore Gugglu: 2 tablets before food with warm water, twice a day.
Aamvatantak Churna: 1 teaspoon with warm water after meals twice a day.
Note: the medicines can be taken during fever and stopped after it falls down. But should be taken atleast for three to four days.
The simplest herbal remedy for fever is cilantro juice. Put a handful of cilantro leaves in a blender with about '/3 cup water, and blend thoroughly. Strain out the pulp. Take 2 teaspoons of the remaining liquid 3 times a day to help lower the fever.
You can make an effective herbal tea for fever consisting of
- lemongrass tulsi (holy basil)
- fennel in equal proportions. For each cup, use 1 teaspoon of the mixture and steep in boiling water for 10 minutes; strain and drink. This is an excellent diaphoretic; that is, it
Time to see the doctor
Fever is a sign that your body is fighting toxins and/or infection and is healing and purifying itself. It is usually self-limiting-that is, it will disappear when the needed healing is done. But there are definitely times when fever requires the attention of a medical professional:
- any fever in a baby under 4 months old
- fever above 104 degrees Fahrenheit in an adult.
- fever above 101 degrees in a person over age 60.
- fever that lasts longer than 3 days.
- fever accompanied by a severe headache and a stiff neck.
- any fever in a person who has a chronic illness such as heart disease, diabetes, or respiratory disease.
If any of these conditions are present, call a doctor or seek immediate attention.
- makes you sweat, which brings down the temperature.
- Another excellent herbal remedy for reducing fever is a tea made of coriander 2 parts
- cinnamon 2 parts
- ginger 1 part
- Steep t teaspoon of this mixture in a cup of hot water for to minutes before drinking. You can drink this every few hours until the fever breaks.
- Another simple three-ingredient tea made of household herbs is this one: cumin seeds
- coriander seeds
- fennel seeds
- Mix seeds in equal proportions. Use t teaspoon of your mixture in a cup of boiling water; steep for to minutes, strain, and drink.
Other remedies and recommendations
Grape Juice with herbs
Grapes are cooling. Into a cup of grape juice add 1/2 teaspoon cumin, '/2 teaspoon fennel, and '/2 teaspoon sandalwood powder, and drink. This will help to relieve fever.
Avoid cold drinks
When you have a fever, it's best not to drink anything cold. Use the lemongrass-tulsi-fennel tea mentioned above, or any of the other herbal suggestions. Any hot tea will help to kindle the body's digestive fire (agni) and burn the ama
If the Fever Is High
If the temperature is high, prepare a bowl of cool water into which you have added t teaspoon of salt. Fold two pieces of clean cloth (such as handkerchiefs), dip them into the water, and put one on the forehead and one over the belly button. Repeat as needed. This will bring down the temperature quickly.
If you can get maha sudarshan churna from an Ayurvedic pharmacy, take 1/1 teaspoon twice a day with warm water. This formula will bring down any kind of fever.
If the person with high fever has a pitta constitution, there may be a danger of febrile convulsions. To help relieve this condition, make a slight modification of the procedure described above. Grate an onion and wrap half in one of the damp hand. kerchiefs, the other half in the second handkerchief. Place on the forehead and belly button, as above.
The belly is the seat of pitta, and the onion will help absorb the pitta. Tears will come to the eyes, the convulsions will stop, and the ternperature will come down. If this pro.; cedure doesn't bring the fever down, see a doctor.
(toxins). Again, fever is a sign of ama in the system; once the ama is burned out, the body's temperature will come back to normal.
It is not a good idea to exercise or to travel when you have a fever. If you do get a fever when on a journey, follow any of the above recommendations that you can; if possible, take maha sudarshan churna ('/2 teaspoon with a little warm water).
For Chronic Fever
Make a tea of t teaspoon holy basil (tu/si) steeped in t cup hot water. Add 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and t teaspoon honey. Take this 2 or 3 times a day.
- Another excellent formula to bring down chronic fever is 1/2 teaspoon maha sudarshan churna mixed with teaspoon tikta ghrita (bitter ghee). Take this 3 times a day on an empty stomach.