Herbal Home Remedies for Herpes
Herbal Cure for Herpes - Ayurvedic Medicines-Natural Treatment
Herpes Oral Herpes
Herpes labialis comes through the oral contact of kissing, or drinking from the same cup or glass. It is essentially a pitta disorder that comes from rakta dhatu (blood) and bream out on the skin, particularly in the comero! the mouth or on the upper lip. Many people confuse herpes and canker sores, which are somewhat similar in appearance. With canker sores, however, only one ulcer appears; herpes produces a rash consisting of numerous small blisters, possibly clustered around one central, larger bump.
|Neem Capsules||Amla Saar|
(2 Bottles-120 Caps)
per bottle( Min. 4 Bottles)
No side effects! Free Shipping and Handling Worldwide!
Also, canker sores are usually in the mouth, while herpes sores are on the outside.
- Externally, one can apply tikta ghrita (bitter ghee) directly onto the affected area. Aloe vera gel or ointment is also quite effective.
- You can also use 1/4 teaspoon kama dudha, mixed into 1 teaspoon dairy cream. Apply to the sore in the morning and at bedtime.
- Internally, use this Ayurvedic herbal mixture:
neem 3 parts
kama dudha 1/8 part
maha sudarshan 3 parts
Take 1/2 teaspoon of this mixture 3 times a day, either with 1 teaspoon tikta ghrita, if you have it, or with warm water.
- At night, take 1/2 teaspoon triphala in warm water. This will pacify systemic pitta and will help relieve the herpes.
Genital herpes is similar to oral herpes. But they are transmitted differently; oral herpes through kissing or drinking glasses, as mentioned above, and genital herpes through sexual contact.
- For internal treatment, use the same herbs and herbal formulas recommended above.
- Externally, tikta ghrita can also be helpful. Also, dry genital intercourse can sometimes aggravate the herpes, so apply some tikta ghrita to the glans penis and/or labia minora before intercourse.
To neutralize stress
One of the primary causes of herpes eruptions appears to be psychological stress. The virus lies locked in the neuromuscular cleft and comes out during times of stress. To minimize stress:
Take herbal tea
Make some tea of chamomile, jatamamsi, and brahmi. Mix these herbs in equal proportions and use 1/2 teaspoon to make a tea; take it twice a day.
Meditation is also effective to soothe the system and reduce stress.
Note to men: If you know you are susceptible to herpes outbreaks, be careful shaving around your lips and the corners of your mouth. The lips form a delicate and sensitive muco-cutaneous junction that is easily injured. Any small cut or scratch can activate the herpes virus. To help prevent this from happening, apply some neem oil after shaving.