Natural Remedies for Diarrhea, Ayurvedic Medicine, Herbal Cure
Herbal Home Remedies for Diarrhea - Ayurvedic Medicines-Natural Treatment
Diarrhea Herbal Remedies, Herbs for diarrhea, Kutzaghan Vati
Although dandruff can sometimes be caused by a fungal infection or other skin disease, in most cases it is produced when the scalp doesn't receive a sufficient supply of blood. Consequently there is a lack of protein in the skin, which becomes dry and flaky. Dandruff may also be due to a deficiency of vitamin B-6, or to an excess of vata dosha, which also makes the skin dry.
The treatment is simple.
To improve circulation to the scalp, massage for a few minutes?daily with neem oil (in a sesame oil base). lf a fungal infection of the skin is causing the dandruff, the neem oil, which has disinfectant properties, will help heal this also.
The first line of defense against diarrhea is to immediately reduce pitta in your diet. Follow the guidelines for the pitta-pacifying diet especially keeping away from spicy and fermented foods.
Time to see the doctor
If there is no serious illness, diarrhea is usually quite easy to control. How?ever, this condition can also be a symptom of a more serious illness, so if these home remedies don't work in 2 or 3 days, consult a doctor.
Dosage- 2 tablets twice a day. (* 2 days)
Dos and Don'ts
- At least leave a break for one meal after diarrhea. Fasting is the best way to control the digestive system in such conditions.
- After getting proper appetite, have gruel mixed with a pinch of salt. It will improve the appetite and keep the bowels under control. Also reduces dehydration.
- Ayurveda tells that whenever a person gets diarrhea it should not be stopped immediately as the indigested food materials are eliminated out and it is nothing but toxins. That doesn't mean he should be left like that itself that is to let it for 1 or 2 bowels. (It necessarily means only for diarrhea and not for other diseases where diarrhea is the common or main symptom).
- Have a glass of plain buttermilk with a pinch of salt. Salt has the tendency to bind bowels. Have warm water throughout the day.
- A mixture of equal quantity of sugar and salt in warm water also stops diarrhea.
- Can have a cup of steamed foods after getting appetite. Then gradually adapt to the normal foods.
- Eat foods that are prepared under hygienic conditions.
- Never eat before the previous meal gets digested. And don't eat while under stress.?
- Can take pomegranate juice. Intake of 1 teaspoon of 'Dadimashtaka churna' with warm water is advisable.
Four Food Cures
Cook one or two apples until they are mushy, and then add t teaspoon ghee, a pinch of cardamom, and a pinch of nutmeg. Eat slowly. This mixture is not only delicious, it will also help stop diarrhea right away.
If you don't have apples, you can use bananas, only you don't have to cook them. Chop 1 or 2 ripe bananas into pieces, and as with the apples, add t teaspoon of warm ghee and a pinch each of cardamom and nut?meg. Bananas are high in potassium, which helps to bind the stool.
Another effective remedy for diarrhea is cooked rice with yogurt. Take about a cupful of cooked basmati rice, add t tablespoon of ghee and 3 or 4 tablespoons of plain fresh yogurt, stir together, and eat.
Another remedy using yogurt is to blend together equal parts of yogurt and water (about 1/2 cup each), add about 1/8 teaspoon of fresh grated ginger, and drink.
- Try ginger powder (about 1/2 teaspoon) with 1 teaspoon raw natural sugar. Mix together, and chew the mixture with some warm water. Take 2 or 3 times a day for 2 to 3 days.
- Another simple remedy is the following:
ghee 1 teaspoon
nutmeg 1/4 teaspoon
ginger powder 1/4 teaspoon
natural sugar 1 teaspoon
Mix together and eat. Like the ginger sugar mixture above, take this formula 2 or 3 times a day for 2 to 3 days.
- For acute diarrhea, mix 1/2 teaspoon fen?nel powder with 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder, and chew this mixture 2 or 3 times a day.
- Try drinking a cup of hot black coffee with a little lime juice (about 10 drops) and a pinch of cardamom or nutmeg.
- If your diarrhea appears to be the result of high pitta, use this herbal formula:
shatavari 1/2 teaspoon
arrowroot '/2 teaspoon
Mix together, and take with 1/2 cup warm water 2 or 3 times a day.
- You can also use sat isabgol (psyllium husks) to combat pitta diarrhea. This may sound strange, as psyllium is often used as a laxative. However, in pitta diarrhea, an excess of pitta accumulates in the gas?trointestinal tract and irritates the wall of the colon, creating the diarrhea. So at bed?time, take 1 teaspoon sat isabgol mixed into a cup of fresh yogurt. That will absorb pitta and bind the stool, helping to correct the diarrhea. Be sure the yogurt is freshly made, not old.
Diarrhea can sometimes cause dehydration. To prevent this from happening, add 1 tea?spoon of natural sugar, 1 teaspoon of lime juice, and a pinch of salt to a pint of room-temperature water, and sip throughout the day.
Note: If the diarrhea continues beyond I three days, it would be wise to consult a doctor.
Kutza Ghan Vati is Traditionally used as useful herbal remedy for irritable bowel syndrome and diarrhea because of any reason especially infectious. It is given with Bilwa in cases of ulcerative colitis. It is nature's best formula for ulcerative colitits and irritable bowel syndrome. For acute diarrhea and dysentry also, it is best herbal remedy.
Dosage- 1-2 tablets twice daily.